Mr Gordon Brown, if you really want to become an effective PM please lead by example and not just "rule".
If (given that the UK produces a very small percentage of World production) it is important that the UK reduces our national Carbon Footprint, the article below provides some suggestions on how. Other forum members please add your suggestions.
1. Help individuals become aware of how they live affects the production of CO2.
Encourage people to
- calculate their carbon footprint, see http://www.carbonfootprint.com/calculator.html
One action is to record the electricity used with an electricity meter (available from a national DIY shop at less than £10) so that standby and in-use consumption is known and can be reduced. I am now saving £70 per annum of my £400 home electricity bills by switching off everything when not in use.
2. Take action at a National level
Cut out wasted electricity. Do we really need lights kept on all night that illuminate:
- local streets, our roads and national highways
- Civil service, Government and private enterprise offices
|We need government leadership ...||Mike Welsh - 19/05|
|Re: We need government leaders...||Ed von Gohren - 16/09|