Our website would like to use cookies to store information on your computer. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work as a result. Find out more about how we use cookies.
30th Nov 2020 Login  
Re: G59 - G83 Forms
by Ted Marynicz at 2008-09-06 13:02:02 (Ask an Expert)
Any equipment you buy will need to be certified by the manufacturer as being suitable for connection under the terms of G59 (the same applies to G83). These are usually issued as type test certificates by a specialised test lab. If you mention G59 to a supplier and they don't know what you are talking about then find a different supplier! With wind turbines we are usually just talking about a certificate for the inverter.

You should talk to your DNO and electricity supply co. straight away to keep them in the picture. Be certain that your electricity supply co. will be willing to pay you for what you export - and how much - get it in writing. They will need to know what maximum output your system will be generating.

Also make sure you find out all about the specific metering demands. You may find that you will need a half-hourly (HH) meter which will be more expensive and have higher annual operating costs than a standard one.

All these issues have a direct impact on the financial viability of the project.


Mail this to a friend
G59 - G83 Forms John Bown - 4/09
    Re: G59 - G83 Forms Stuart - 4/09
    Re: G59 - G83 Forms Stuart - 4/09
    Re: G59 - G83 Forms Simon Ridout - 5/09
    Re: G59 - G83 Forms Colin - 5/09
    Re: G59 - G83 Forms Ted Marynicz - 6/09
If you'd like to post comments on this site, just register here

Powered by Novacaster